Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blind Pull



So this Blog is new. Every now and then I am going to blindly pull a card out of my collection and share my thoughts about the player and card. So here it goes......................................

1991 Donruss Mitch Williams #312

Wow, how anti climatic. But I remember Mitch well. Right off the bat, I remember he had a chip on his shoulder. Mitch's glove is very blue in this photo, that is the only thing that really stands out, other than his mullett which is blending in with the stadium seats. Though he does look like one of El Guapo's sidekicks in the movie The Three Amigos.

Mitch played 11 seasons in the Majors with the Rangers, Cubs, Phillies, Astros, Angels and Royals. Mitch is 43rd in all time saves in the Major Leagues. He gave up the game winning home run to Joe Carter in Game 6 of the 1993 World Series while he played for the Phillies. I guess Mitch and Curt Schilling are not on the greatest of terms and bad feelings between the two still exist because of the Carter home run. I take Mitch's side in this argument, Curt should have his teammates back in these kind of instances. Mitch also had a career ERA of 3.65 and 660 Strikeouts. Mitch also earned the name Wild Thing for his occasional erratic pitching and his high intensity of play.

Mitch is now an analyst for the MLB Network and I could not be happier for him. Check this out.... Mitch is also a Food Mogul and has produced Wild Thing Southpaw Salsa! He was serving heat in the 80's and 90's, and is still serving heat today through his Salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment